A wonderfully amazing kiss at midnight -- That is how my year began.
A good friend of mine introduced me to her half brother, Marshall, in October. Since then, we've been talking on the phone, texting, sharing pics, laughs, struggles... We became fast friends. Marshall, who lives about 3 hours away, came here for New Years weekend. I was nervous and excited to see him. Excited because, well, I'm a girl and get excited about everything. Nervous because I was hoping our ability to talk for hours would continue when we were face-to-face. Sure enough, we are as communicably capable in person just as much as by techological gadgets. Haha.
The weekend flew by so quickly. Marshall, his sister, her friend, and I had a get together New Year's eve. We played rummy for h o u r s. Haha. Love that game. We also played Clue. We didn't really watch much of Times Square, but when there was 45 seconds left of 2011, we all stood in front of the TV, counting down with millions across the east coast. That kiss - wow. I had never been kissed at midnight on New Year's before. And that was an exceptional kiss among kisses.. **sigh**
The following Sunday, January 8, 2012, Marshall and I decided to commit to a relationship. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I am a taken woman. :e)
Only two weeks have passed. We are still talking like crazy... He'll be moving here soon (YAY!).
Some tidbits about Marshall:
1. He has a pitbull/lab mix. I'm a little concerned about how his dog will get along with my dog, but both of our dogs seem to get along well with other dogs, so... Hopefully all goes well with their first meeting.
2. Marshall is adopted. :e) Actually, he is a product of the system. Being a foster care social worker, I was a little concerned about how his birth parents might view me... But, he has a wonderfully loving family. His birth parents and adoptive parents are very supportive of Marshall... That's one of the best outcomes of an adoption. So glad that Marshall has such a huge support system!
3. He is ex-army. **drools** I told him that being ex-military automatically puts him in the hott category. Haha! He is quite handsome...
4. He's a handyman. Hehe. He changed a lightbulb and told me why my kitchen faucet wasn't working quite right. :-p
5. Marshall is a gamer. Which is totally ok with me, cause he said he'd let me play, too.
6. He is divorced... His ex-wife lives in Montana...
7. And he has two children, who live with his ex-wife in Montana... Marshall will be getting the kids for the summer... I'm excited to meet them!!
There are many, many more things I could write about my Marshall... Haha. But I really need to get back to work...
I was thinking about vlogging... What are your thoughts about vlogs?
I get to see Marshall this weekend! Yay!!!
| ||Posted 1/23/2012 11:46 AM - 90 Views - 0 eProps - 0 comments|
Give eProps or Post a Comment